When BÄKO reached the limits of its own data center, the company decided to outsource its server environment rather than renew its existing IT infrastructure. The key decision points for server hosting by DATAGROUP were:
- Clear overview of costs and ability to plan for them
- High performance and availability
- Data security
- Reduction in system maintenance
- Freeing-up of personnel
DATAGROP’s data center, certified by the German Federal Administration for Information Technology Security, provides the best possible security for servers and data. Prior to DATAGROUP taking over operations, the transition was carefully planned and executed.
DATAGROUP now assumes operation of the entire server systems and ensures that the necessary infrastructure, hardware, and software are available. Communication between DATAGROUP’s data center and BÄKO’s IT department occurs via as single point of contact and is thus efficient and seamless.
Server hosting has provided BÄKO’s IT department with numerous benefits:
- Responsibility for the entire operation is with DATAGROUP.
- All administrative tasks on the central systems are performed by DATAGROUP.
- Agreed-upon and contractually-secured Service Levels ensure smooth operation and troubleshooting.
- Equipment is continually supervised.
- All costs can be calculated. There are no unplanned expenses for the maintenance and repair of the server environment.
- BÄKO’s own IT employees no longer have to spend time on administrative tasks and can concentrate on strategic and conceptual responsibilities.