In addition to the states of Bavaria, Berlin, Hamburg, and Lower Saxony, as well as several other municipal agencies and authorities, the state of Hessen has also chosen DATAGROUP for BAföG-/AFBG processing. More than 30% of all student applications in Germany are processed and maintained with this software. Using the software, a legally binding decision can be reached at the caseworker’s workstation after successful entry of the application data. Furthermore, additional modules such as word integration, follow-up, and e-mail communication simplify the everyday tasks of the case workers. DATAGROUP was responsible for all facets of project execution:
- Client consulting
- Infrastructure and installation
- Customer care and support
The information portal for the Hessian agencies is based on Microsoft SharePoint. This platform is ideal for displaying portal solutions since SharePoint already includes many basic functions such as search, workflow technology, and an integrated document management system. Also, SharePoint is optimally integrated into the Microsoft Office environment.
Overview of the information portal
- Centralized accessibility of career advancement information for Hessian authorities
- Centralized data storage and maintenance
- Data security: additional information regarding decrees and verdicts is automatically offered (“decree file“, “verdict file“)
- Filtering or sorting decrees, verdicts by paragraph or year
- For reasons of traceability and transparency, decrees no longer valid are also included
- Easy search: full text search, tailored search fields, expanded search for search criteria such as paragraph or year
- Notifications regarding new decrees/verdicts and changes
- General information about BAföG/AFBG such as deadlines, contacts, links to important pages, etc.
- Administration: the list of paragraphs and the decisions can also be maintained by authorized users in the portal