DATAGROUP Acquires Stake in Multi-Cloud Expert Cloudeteer

Pliezhausen, June 23, 2020. IT service provider DATAGROUP acquires 24% of the shares of Cloudeteer, a cloud native start-up, and secures the option for the remaining 76% of the company’s shares. Cloudeteer expands DATAGROUP’s expertise in public clouds and brings internally developed modules for building and operating complex cloud structures into the company.

The Hamburg-based company brings on board 26 experts for multi-cloud solutions as well as consulting on enterprise cloudification, IT governance, IT security and regulatory requirements. Furthermore, Cloudeteer develops process and software solutions for the cloud, including the so-called OPS.Stack, which makes it possible to use multi-cloud dashboards displaying the most important metrics on different cloud models in real time. The modules can also be used to analyze and optimize hybrid and private cloud solutions.

Cloudeteer is DATAGROUP’s 25th acquisition since the company’s IPO. Contrary to the approach adopted so far, Cloudeteer will not be integrated into the company but will rather keep its start-up character. As such, Cloudeteer can be used as a flexible speedboat in the public cloud market to cover constantly growing customer requirements. Both companies have already cooperated successfully in cloud projects in the past and benefited from the expertise of one another. “The development and operation of complex cloud structures is one of DATAGROUP’s core competencies which we are successively expanding. We see Cloudeteer as a strategic addition to our own expertise, which we aim to develop further. This year, for instance, we have trained some 50 Azure administrators”, explains Max H.-H. Schaber, CEO of DATAGROUP. “The mobilization of workplaces and business applications through the use of cloud technologies is one of the topics that have gained even more momentum with the corona pandemic, and we are very well positioned to benefit from these business opportunities.”


DATAGROUP is one of the leading German IT service companies. Over 2,700 employees at locations across Germany design, implement, and operate IT infrastructures and business applications such as SAP. With its CORBOX product, DATAGROUP is a full-service provider, supporting over 600k global IT workplaces for medium and large enterprises as well as public authorities. The company is growing organically and through acquisitions. The acquisitions strategy is particularly noted for its optimal integration of new companies. DATAGROUP is actively participating in the IT service market’s consolidation process with its “buy and turn around” and its “buy and build” strategy.

Claudia Erning
Investor Relations
T +49 7127 970-015
F +49 7127 970-033