A key success factor of digitization strategies in companies is the fast and flexible implementation of mobile applications. Developing and deploying backend services is often a technical challenge. Developing the backend as part of app development is often a time-consuming and significant driver of app development costs.
Using the DATAGROUP Mobile Backend as a Service Platform offers many advantages over traditional backend development.
Advantages during Development
- The effort of backend programming is reduced by up to 80 %
- Proven standard functions can be used out-of-the-box
- Shortened time-to-market due to reduced initial effort
Advantages during Operation
- Scalable service according to the requirtements
- Load balancing for highest performance event at peak loads
- State-of-the-art technology through regular updates
- Hosting and operation compliant with German data protection requirements
Backend services in detail
The cloud service out-of-the-box provides standardized mobile backend as a service functions as well as the connection to external APIs. The service can be extended to include individual back-end functions and includes services such as security, continuity services, monitoring, maintenance and patch management.
- Data Storage & Search: Saving and managing application data and binary objects including data queries and full-text search based on noSQL
- Authentication: OAuth 2.0-compatible client authentication as well as 3rd-party authentication
- Role and rights concept: Granular access control through needs-based definition and assignment of roles and rights
- User management: creation and management of user profiles and formation of groups to provide targeted services
- Push Notification: standardized integration of Apple Push Notification Service and Google Cloud Messaging to send push messages to registered users
- Social Media Integration: provide and publish user actions such as tweets, posts, and comments
- Geolocation: Standardized provision of geolocation services to improve UX through location-based services via GPS
- Analytics: analysis, monitoring and evaluation of user behavior
- Image Scaler: Automatic output of image data in the correct format
Cloud Services Made in Germany
DATAGROUP’s Mobile Backend as a Service is “Made in Germany”. The certification of the infrastructure according to ISO 27001 confirms the high level of security, the ISO 20000 certification the high quality of DATAGROUP Data Center Services.
The Availability, Capacity, Security, and Continuity Management features ensure continuous monitoring of all IT components, services, and capabilities.
- ISO 27001 certified and BS 25999 certification
- Highest quality through ISO 2000 certified service processes
- Redundant connection including access to more than 500 carriers and Internet providers
- Multi-level access system
- Early fire detection through sensors
- Flooding with extinguishing gas and redundant air conditioning and power supply
- Property protection and protection against natural disasters and burglary
- Use of modular architecture to optimize energy efficiency and operate to the highest energy standards